I wish you could Shazam smells
- 1 day ago
What the fucking shit is happening
i cant stop laughing omg
BUT WHY IS TOMMY LEE JONES TEACHING IN JAPAN
AND WHY DOES HE HAVE SUPERPOWERS
SOMEBODY EXPLAIN THIS PLEASE
Tommy Lee Jones has been starring in a series of commercials for Boss Coffee for years now and they are MASTERPIECES OF CINEMA. The plot is that he’s an alien investigating life on earth, and each commercial is a problem or situation.
Continuation here (without subs)
My God,this is glorious.
I love TLJ and his ever peculiar Boss campaign.
Man. Now I totally want a Rainbow Mountain.
(via katmurphyismagic)Source: 4gifs
- 1 day ago
- 1 day ago
I was tagged by tsunamichick89
Rule 1: Always post the rules
Rule 2: Answer the questions the person who tagged you asked and write 11 new ones
Rule 3: Tag 11 people and link them to the post
Rule 4: Actually tell them you tagged them
01) What’s your favorite hobby?
I was seconds, seconds, from responding “bitch, please,” but that’s not nice. Right now I’ve discovered I’m not terrible at miniatures modeling and painting. Lots to learn to be sure, but I don’t completely reek balls at it.
02) How do you feel about religion?
What another person puts into their brain or soul or body is none of my business. I identify as a Methodist Christian but I don’t ramrod people into believing as I do, but will give my own testimony if you’re down to hear it. I feel that one’s relationship with the divine, however they call that Divine, is intensely personal. I don’t eschew science or logic or reason in place of spirituality because I truly believe that while there’s something out there, we’re just extensions of it, and that life is merely an expenditure of momentum…that will snap back and we will return our energies whence they came. That’s gonna be neat. Overall though, if you’re using that Divine to hurt others, you’re doing it wrong.
03) What is the weirdest random fact you know? Tie: the hyoid bone, under the tongue, is the only one in the body not attached to another bone — AND — Leave It to Beaver was the first show on TV to have a toilet visible on screen. That first one cost me 70 grand in student loans, and the second got me 15 bonus points in Health class in high school and got me banned from playing Trivial Pursuit in class for extra credit.
04) Where is the place that makes you happiest or most comfortable? That’s a toss up. When I was a younger man, it was back on campus at University where I never once had to pretend to be more than or less than who I was. As an adult, I find myself drawn more and more when I can be there alone to Mill Creek Park in Ohio. Overall though, it’s wherever I can look after my kids and feel my wife next to me.
05) If you could meet one famous person, living or dead, who would it be and why? Am I allowed to time travel too? If so, Kurt Cobain so that maybe I could be the friend to keep him here with us. If it’s them coming to me…wow. I would love to hang out with Patton Oswalt, I think.
06) Top 5 places you want to visit. Maccu Piccu, Hawaii (mostly because Mrs Skips has shown me what her beach attire would be and..ahem..I’m only a human man diditjustgetreallyhotinhere?), Ireland/the UK (and in that order); and Australia.
07) Have you ever done anything that could be considered illegal? GEE. LET ME THINK.
08) What is a random fact about you? I’ve taken the Jeopardy test in person for the actual contest search people twice: once as a sophomore in high school (non-US folks, that’s Grade 10) in Chicago and once, I shit you not, my first Fathers’ Day ever in NYC. A guy I met in NYC actually got on the show and my only bitterness about that was that he blew choad in the mock-game part and had the personality of wet cardboard. But he was Canadian, which almost made up for the other stuff. Dick.
09) What is a book that has had the most impact on your life and why? That is impossible for me to narrow to one book. Bridge to Terribithia taught me how much power words have because I’d never given a shit so completely about people in a book before that. Catcher in the Rye, before knowing its somewhat checkered neckbeard assassin ties, for showing me that people were fucked in the head long before more in the same ways I used to think I was. And gotta say The Road, which is mandatory reading for anyone who’s a father.
10) If you could listen to only one song forever what would it be and why? That’s tough; my first public geekery was that of a music nerd. There’s so many. But just one? "Soon" by My Bloody Valentine. With the right mix of alcohol, loneliness, THC, and friends it can be eternal and amorphous, becoming everything you would ever need it to be for you.
11) What is your guilty pleasure? I have to say that recently it has taken all my bodily and mental control not to watch ahead on the Indigo League Pokemon episodes without Son of Skips. They’re just so fun.
tagging: brokenxthought nienafefuckass nainami aphrael6 lucidlying katmurphyismagic
Go Away Skips Asks:
1) What’s your job title? Now, what’s that mean in English?
2) What was your first fandom?
3) Why did you follow me?
4) What weird and 100% totally innocuous thing terrifies you beyond reason or the capacity to think?
5) We’ve all got one, so what’s the one weird little visual thing on a person you think is cute/sexy/etc? And keep it clean.
6) Which accent is your favorite?
7) Do you have any weird abilities that are like d-list superpowers?
8) If you’re a drinker, what’s your poison? If not, cool, same question, but I guess, like, your soft…poison?
9) Is there any, and I mean any, excuse for country music made in the last 20 years?
10) Which number vibrates juuuuust right for your universe?
- 1 day ago
Help an old fart out.
1) On the full version vs. the app, what’s the instant-reblog command (e.g. like in the app, you can hold down the reblog and it just posts without you having to enter a comment first).
2) Is there a way to respond to comments publically? I always think of something to add to brokenxthought when he comments…
- 1 day ago
Wait a minute…
I have been laughing at this for hours now…
So, true story. The woman in this photo is Kendra Kaplan. Her husband was in Iraq for twelve months but the military has this thing called leave. Some of us may recognize the concept from old episodes of Star Trek. In this photo she is five months pregnant after conceiving her second child during her husband’s leave. That envelope in her hand is the ultrasound results. She waited for him to come home to find out if it was a girl or a boy.
There’s been several articles about it.The photo resulted in this woman receiving so much hate mail, from both internet cut-ups and the actual media, that she even took a paternity test and provided proof of her husband’s leave schedule. Her real life friends have stopped talking to her over these rumors.
Oh, and by the way, that baby bump is a two year old by now. People are still shitting on this woman over a nasty internet meme two years later.
So in short, you’re mocking a faithful wife for something that isn’t any of our damn business anyway and has long since been disproven.
Good job Internet.
Thank you for this!
Finally a rebloggable version of this idiotic post.
(via cousinborris)Source: itscalledfashionlookitup
- 1 day ago
- 1 day ago
- 1 day ago
So it turns out that the house that they shot the Deltas using in Animal House was actually my fraternity’s house for a while. Thanks Wikipedia!
“The actual house depicted as the Delta House was originally a residence in Eugene, the Dr. A.W. Patterson House. Around 1959, it was acquired by the Psi Deuteron chapter of Phi Sigma Kappa fraternity and was their chapter house until 1967, when the chapter was closed due to low membership.”
What sucks is that it eventually went all Crackhouse, but hey, it was a frathouse, and a Kappa one at that.
- 2 days ago
wait is there actually a cars pope
this is fucked
Nothing about the Cars universe is NOT fucked, and no happy little continuity theories or “Pixar is teaching us empathy for sentience non-/trans-human life” will change that.
(via dimir-charmer)Source: pyramidslayer
- 2 days ago
Guys, please I need your help. I know this isn’t Disneyland or DisneyWorld. It’s my dream college. I want to go to FIlm school, I want to become a director and it’s been my dream to become one. I have so much passion for film making It’s ridiculous. My dream college is over 1,101 miles away from where I live. At first my mother and I were not on the same perspective. She thought I was crazy and would never make it. However, the college called me and found interest in what I can do! I knew that was my chance, so I spoke to my mother again, and unfortunately she hardly agreed this time either. Then I thought of Tumblr, we got a kid to go to DIsneyland, and heck we got a girl a bird! So why not college? If this can get to over 100k notes she says she’ll get one step closer in letting me attend my dream college! I know this might be asking a lot but please help me show my mom that I can make it and chase after my dreams! One reblog can help so much! xxPlease signal boost this everybody!
It takes two seconds, why wouldn’t I help you?
im all about following your dreams, if I can help by reblogging I will reblog this myself 100,000 times. Good luck. <3
(via noctumsolis)Source: musesandlovelydays
The War on Drugs - “Red Eyes” (Official Video): This. Omg. OmFG. This has been one of my official summer songs.